General Category > Tamil Bible

Speaking in tongues

(1/2) > >>

Chamny:
The apostles spoke in tongues in acts 2.
the tongues they spoke people were able to hear in their own language??
What does this mean??
Did they speak in a language??
Or did people hear them in their own languages?

Roni:
I think the question is incorrect

Acts:2

6  Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7  And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8  And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

The verse clearly says that disciples spoke other languages

Chamny:
Ya,So Apostles spoke in other languages.They didnot speak in an unknown language in Act 2.
Then why is Paul speaking about interpreting tongues in 1 cor 12 :10 and 14 :13,14.

Why did Apostles speak in a language and why did Corinth church speak in unknown language.Even today churches speak in unknown language and calls it tongues??

Why is this difference between Apostles and believers??

Roni:
There's no any differences

There's problem in your understanding level. Pls read the Bible in proper attention.

Apostle Paul clearly states about tongues in following verse

1 Corinthians 13

1  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

The tongues of men and angels. He talks about the interpretation of Heavenly language.

And I have one question
Are you follower of Christ?

Chamny:
My question  is whether there are two types of tongues?
One which the Apostles spoke on Acts 2 .And one which the churches are speaking these days?
Is it so??
In churches when they say speak in tongues, everyone speaks in some unknown language .
But In Acts chapter 2 ,they spoke in a language where everyone was able to understand.
Yes im a believer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version