Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 5329 times)

DANIEL KITHYON

Christmas
« on: December 26, 2015, 10:21:58 AM »
இல்ல நான் தெரியாமதான் கேக்ர Christmas கொன்டாட செல்லி bible சொல்லவே இல்ல

susan paul

Re: Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 09:09:18 PM »
Good question .....bible does not say to celebrate ur birthday as well ....then y r u celebrating .....

See.. Indirect msg of  celebrating  is still we did not forget them ... We r surprise him by our remembering .....
If u don't like to remember ....it does not matter to him also .....He need only ur heart. ....if u given ur heart to God  u cant forget him .......that's all

susan paul

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 01:44:44 AM »
Hi ....good to hear from u ....

Y can't we celebrate Christ birthday?..... Through him only BC & AD started ...
One more think is, if we r not celebrating  His birthday .... Future generation may not know how BC & AD.... Has come....

All the human beings r having  desire to celebrate their birthday ..... Its just remembering ......

U r talking that death should be celebrated....  But its not possible for all of our death ...in the day of death we can remember all the thinks what the person has  done ....that's all....

U said that again and again y celebrating Christ birthday and resurrection day ....its only to remember that, Christ come to this world for us and died for us and our Sins....that's it.....

Evange

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 10:44:16 AM »
Hi..... I don't think celebrating Christmas is mistake..
1.  In old testament God gave the people many festivals to celebrate. He gave those days to them to remember His goodness. And also to remember how miraculously he brought them out of Egypt.

Now a days we don't celebrate those festivals. Bcoz God didn't save us from Egypt but from sin.
  God gave his only son to save us from sin...we are remembering that day as Christmas and thanking God for his goodness and love. We deserve death but God gave us eternal life we are celebrating that... There's nothing wrong in that...
  Its all about our heart.......I don't appreciate the grant celebrations.....but a meaningful Christmas is always welcomed.

2. In some parts of India,especially in hilly areas politicians never allows missionaries to preach gospel... But during Christmas season for two days they gave permission and thousands of people has changed and it happened last year. God can use anything for anyone. There's nothing wrong in celebrating Christmas.
Christmas is a great season to share the gospel.... ..

bala

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 02:53:50 AM »
if u think Dec 25 is a day that Jesus was borned...... then show me that verse from bible......

Enock Raj

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 01:28:38 PM »
Mathew 26:26-29..  Celebrate that.. We don't need a perverted old man in red costume and a lifeless tree(idolatary). If you wan give gift , then preach the gospel.nothing more precious than that.

Evange

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 09:54:18 AM »
I am sorry ....you are wrong..cuz we are saved by grace not by following the commandments.............
        Read Ephesians 2: 8-9.  8. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--

9. not by works, so that no one can boast.

Evange

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 09:16:45 AM »
Some of our most popular and beloved Christmas symbols are entirely Christian, and were never part of any pagan religion anywhere. At the same time, some Christmas traditions undoubtedly do have their origins in the pagan past. What is important is not the origins of traditions, but their significance to us today as believers in the Son of God. December 25 was not mentioned in the biblical narrative as the day Jesus was born, and, as such, we cannot be dogmatic about it one way or the other. But even if the date is completely wrong, there is still the opportunity for thousands of people who wouldn't go to church any other time of the year to go on Christmas day and hear the gospel of Christ.

If you are fully convinced that you cannot, in good conscience, observe a particular Christmas tradition, do not observe it. If you are fully convinced that a particular tradition is too steeped in paganism to honor God in any way, by all means forsake that tradition. At the same time, if you are fully convinced that you can honor and worship God through a particular tradition, honor and worship God (Romans 14:5)! For Christians, Christmas traditions can be an important part of the celebration of the birth of our Savior, and they remind us of that momentous event that changed the world forever. More importantly, they bring to mind the miracle of new birth He created in us when He came into our hearts, saved us from our sins, and made us children of God by the shedding of His blood on the Cross (Colossians 1:20). It is this amazing truth that enables us to say with the angels, "Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace, good will toward men" (Luke 2:14).

udaya

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 05:28:47 AM »
Paganic...or ....otherwise.....that doesn't matter. What matters is , disturbing to hear from our brotherns that God dislike this type of celebrations .

Let me list my Christmas celebration......and examine if God dislike any activity.

The following is my typical Christmas celebration..

* I wake up in the early morning...( I don't think God dislike this )

* I take bath in the hot water ...( I don't think God dislike my bathing pattern )

* I wear new clothes ....( I don't think God dislike this too )

* I go to church for the early morning service ..( I don't think God dislike going to church )

* After the prayers , I go to a hotel with my friends to have my breakfast ( I doubt God dislike this )

* Until the lunch call , we , as a group of friends , relatives...do exchange greetings , sing some carols, hymns etc, .
  We even went to others house to share our happiness. I help poor meantime.....( I believe God won't dislike this )

* I take noon meal (I admit it's a strong NV meal), and give sweets and food to neighbours , poors and others.( Actually God will like this )

* Then, we , our family , sit infront of the tv to watch Blessing TV and enjoy special christmas programmes. (May be , God have resevation about this,
  but he approves tele-evangelism these days , so no problem here too.)

* In the evenig we do some playing and in the night we have talk with our elders and listern to their christmas stories. The day ends.( I hope this is no proplem
  for God )

This is just the celebration activity , and don't think I didn't remeber GOD , It is always there.

I wonder how my above mentioned Christmas celebrations hurts God !

Paganic tradition , Heathen festivel etc ...are lame excuses .

Just because pagans do certain thing does not mean we should not do it ! ( எல்லாவற்றையும் சோதித்துப் பார்த்து, நலமானதைப் பிடித்துக்கொள்ளுங்கள்.  1 தெசலோனிக்கேயர் 5:21)

What if a pagan adapt christian's tradition...should we have to abandon it ?

One final point.....I know that there is no proof, DEC 25 is the birth date of Jesus , but for any other date people will again ask for reference from the Bible, which I can't give. So I settled for Dec 25 as it is.

rajamohan

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 12:20:32 AM »
Nobody can proof 25Dec.is the birth day of Jesus.So 25Dec.is also called X'mas day. Correct?

Petrishiya

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 10:46:45 AM »
It is the king Constantinople who fixed the date 25 as Christmas. The reaso n behind is not to forget Christ's birth and to give respect to the moments of His birth, those wonderful moments happened before 2000 years.

If there s no proper day to celebrate 90% of the people will forget about the precious and glorious happenings of Jesus birth.

Moreover Bible has said wherever two are three has been united and pray for a reason God will come there and bless us.

Also that Eternal God is living in praise.So if whole world s united on Dec 25 and praise His birth God will not mistake that.

God who s living in praise will surely love it.