udaya

Re: jesus
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 08:48:08 PM »
But Jehovah god says otherwise..

நானே கர்த்தர், வேறொருவர் இல்லை, என்னைத்தவிரத் தேவன் இல்லை. ஏசாயா 45 :5

arulksn

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 11:55:07 PM »
Jehovah (YHWH) is the name of God. He was called so in old testament. He is the word (வார்த்தை) or the Son. He came as human in new testament. People called Him Jesus. They are different names of the same person. Jehovah is not the Father. In fact, He is the one who was born as Jesus.

udaya

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 12:08:11 PM »
@: In fact, He is the one who was born as Jesus.

Then , why did Jesus give us the impression that He and His father actually does exist.
For example .......to whom he was complaining to , in this verse !

ஒன்பதாம்மணி நேரத்தில் இயேசு: ஏலி! ஏலி! லாமா சபக்தானி, என்று மிகுந்த சத்தமிட்டுக் கூப்பிட்டார், அதற்கு என் தேவனே! என் தேவனே! ஏன் என்னைக் கைவிட்டீர் என்று அர்த்தமாம். மத்தேயு 27 :46

Or.....why does He implies ,  He and the person who sent him are two different  persons ?

என்னைக் காண்கிறவன் என்னை அனுப்பினவரைக் காண்கிறான். யோவான் 12 :45

arulksn

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 04:04:26 PM »
Sorry for not being clear earlier.
I did not mean that 'God the Father' came to this earth as 'God the Son'.

Father and Son are in fact two different persons as you said.

I meant this...
Most of us believe, that Jehovah who is mentioned in the old testament is the Father. But I believe that Jehovah is the Son. He was called so before coming to this earth. The God we see in old testament is the same one as the God we see in the new testament. In OT he was called Jehovah (YHWH) and in NT he was called Jesus.
Jehovah / Jesus is the one who did the creation; He is the one who led Israelites out of Egypt; He is the one who gave the commandments to Moses in Sinai; He is the one who talked with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other forefathers.

Jehovah is not the name of the Father. I don't know what is his name.
The one who is working closely with humans (both in OT and NT) is whom we call “God the Son”. He is Jehovah/Jesus/Word... so many names.

I think Jehovah witness brothers mistakenly think Jehovah is actually the Father.
This is my opinion.

udaya

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 04:44:16 AM »
Jehovah / Jesus is
the one who did the creation;
the one who led Israelites out of Egypt;
the one who gave the commandments to Moses
the one who talked with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob

OK.........

But........

Was He the same one who killed almost all during Nova times ?
[ if it is ' yes '.....then it is disturbing :-(  ]

@:In OT he was called Jehovah (YHWH) and in NT he was called Jesus.

BTW , I just want to bring to your notice that one member of this forum , (vijay Pushkin ) pointed out  , Jesus's original name was Yeshua and his explaination about how English writers manipulated 'ye' to 'j ' , ...in some of his replies.

Until now nobody has claimed Jehovah = Jesus !

arulksn

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 07:32:10 AM »
Yes, that is true. 'J' is used to denote 'ய, எ (Y) '  sound. It is mostly used on Hebrew & Latin based names. Lot of examples...
யோசுவா - Joshua
யோசேப்பு - Joseph
இயேசு - Jesus
யோவான் - John
யெகொவா - Jehovah
எருசலேம் - Jerusalem
எரிகோ - Jericho
அல்லேலூயா - Hallelujah
We can find this in modern names also. Below are two south african cricket players.
Hanse Cronje - ஹன்ஸி க்ரோன்யி
Nicky Boje - நிக்கி போயே

Tamil didn't have a problem with 'Y' sound in Hebrew / Latin names. It seems ancient English had problems. Or it could be the nature of the languages. I don't know much about literature.

In the original language, Jesus was called Yeshua.
Interesting thing is Joshua was called as Yehoshua.

They are the same name. Like Ted is short form of Theodore. (Mike - Michael)
Yeshua is shorter version of Yehoshua.

The names “Joshua” and “Jesus” are essentially the same.

udaya

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 10:53:27 AM »
* Very interesting translation twists

* Unfortunate that GOD chose an under developed , little used language to speak to the whole world.

*God did not help the translators , resulting inaccurate message to the people those who are not speaking the original language.

* No comments on the first part of the reply # 5 !?!?!

arulksn

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 05:51:06 PM »
//
    * Unfortunate that GOD chose an under developed , little used language to speak to the whole world.
    *God did not help the translators , resulting inaccurate message to the people those who are not speaking the original language
//
God does not spoon feed. Seek and ye shall find.
கேளுங்கள், அப்பொழுது உங்களுக்குக் கொடுக்கப்படும்; தேடுங்கள், அப்பொழுது கண்டடைவீர்கள்; தட்டுங்கள் அப்பொழுது உங்களுக்குத் திறக்கப்படும்.

//    * No comments on the first part of the reply # 5 !?!?!    //

//    Was He the same one who killed almost all during Nova times ?
      [ if it is ' yes '.....then it is disturbing :-(  ]
//

It is disturbing that people were destroyed during Noah's time.
Who destroyed them - The Father or The Son - does not make it any more disturbing or less.

It doesn't matter who destroyed. It was a decision taken after consulting with others.
But I believe it is the Son.

Please explain why it is disturbing if it is the Son. Will it not disturb you the same way if it was the Father?

udaya

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 09:25:06 PM »
@:  God does not spoon feed. Seek and ye shall find.

Yes , ye shall find - different for different people.
Different interpretation , different denomination , different doctrine , different etc....

@:  It was a decision taken after consulting with others.

Who are the ' others ' ?

@:  Please explain why it is disturbing if it is the Son. Will it not disturb you the same way if it was the Father?

Because , My understanding is father portrayed as " terrible " and son as " cool ".