Author Topic: Being humble  (Read 407 times)

Sgreys50

Being humble
« on: November 23, 2017, 08:50:12 PM »
This summer was the time I had really begun becoming close with God. I've learned to pray daily and really open up to Him, even with the things I'm most ashamed about. And one of those things is my horrible ego. I know the reason I can even breathe right now is thanks to the grace and mercy of God, for Jesus sacrificing himself to give me a chance. I know that I am not everything, and the difference between what is right and wrong to say and think. Yet these ugly thoughts haven't stopped in my head. They're very judgemental, egotistical, and just evil at times.

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to stop being so nasty in the inside?

Christie

Re: Being humble
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 12:54:20 PM »
Philippians 4:8 NLT
"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."

When ever my mind drifts and thinks of bad things I remember this verse. I say to myself in my head "To think of things that are worthy of praise". The Lord knows our every thought, we need to keep ourselves pure inside and out, because if we don't keep tab on whats on the inside (our thoughts) we would eventually show it and practice it on the outside.

The gospels teaches us to clean the inside first then the outside will be clean also.

Also the bible teach us the people judges one another from what they see on the outside but God judges the inside.

I keep in mind to think of thoughts worthy of praise, if i catch myself thinking of something that doesnt line up with God i ask for forgiveness straight away. This works for me and helped me so much. I hope it helps you too.

May your thoughts align with Gods thoughts, in the name of Jesus we cast away all enemies that try to get in our minds. Our bodies are the temple of God we are the living church, Christ lives within us and we are in him. The enemy has no right to be there. Praise Jesus for speaking to us through our conscience so we can remain righteous, the Holy Spirit is he who guides us to be Holy.
Amen xo
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:57:41 PM by Christie »