Author Topic: HOW CAN I HOLD ON TO A SPIRITUAL LIFE  (Read 1373 times)

Pelogia Ambei

HOW CAN I HOLD ON TO A SPIRITUAL LIFE
« on: December 01, 2017, 12:55:40 AM »
I keep making a decision to lead a spiritual life but somewhere along the way I just loose it all. I get to a point and loose the morale for church and keeping in track with the word of God. I want to give my whole self to Jesus today and forever. Am 22 years old n I choose to lead the remaining years of my life serving God in ways He will lead me through. Any willing prayer partner and a spiritual friend to help me through this?

Tari

Re: HOW CAN I HOLD ON TO A SPIRITUAL LIFE
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 12:31:49 PM »
My dear, all you need is the holy spirit. Not man, man will fail you at one point. Read the Bible, ask the holy spirit to reveal the deep secretes of the scripture. Lean on God and not man. The race is personal, first understand that. The only partner you need that you already have is the holy spirit.

Pelogia Ambei

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 10:17:04 PM »
Thank you dear for expanding my knowledge on this. I'm on it

A brother

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 09:51:13 AM »
But do pray for a Strong Spiritual brother or Sister in Christ - we do need one another - and I'm convinced the Holy Spirit speaks through people as well - your flesh & carnal mind will fibut you - so my advice is to starve the 2 that you may download God's knowledge into your new man in Christ - but remember the Lord taught that the things of this life would attempt to chock out his word that you won't be fruitful in your new life with Christ - your in my prayers
A brother

Daughter of God

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 09:45:56 PM »
Amen

Awoenam Mahama

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 09:00:21 PM »
My dear,maintainance  of some friends can lead u ashtray,so u keep friends that will always help you to get closer to God.am also a baby Christian OK.

arthron

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 11:07:18 PM »
Exactly as my brothers said, bad company corrupts good manners. The Holy spirit is indeed all you need. John16 please do read it. All that which God has for you through the Holy Spirit.

suzan_ejura

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 09:48:32 PM »
Hey dear, first of all as a believer we are not trying to hold on to a spiritual life but God that works and lives in you has given us that spiritual life already and also the grace to work as spiritual beings for from the day you accepted christ into your life you became a spiritual being. And if you dont have this knowledge of who you are first of all, it will be impossible for you to live as a spiritual being, John 3 vs 6, 2corinth 5 vs 17. So the first step to living a spiritual life is knowing who you are, continue to confess that even in you lowest state, let it be a deliberate confession. colossians 1 vs 21-23. And most importantly never forsake meetings with brethren or a local church where you are edified, for example my local church has really been a great great help because each day of our meetings we are reminded to never forsake meetings of the local church and it has been of a great help. You don't force yourself to live for God, but let him always lead you for he worketh in you. And also one major key to walking in the spirit is prayer, always pray, because in prayer you are not just communicating with God but you are also reminding yourself of who you are in him. Ephesians 6 vs 18
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:51:49 PM by suzan_ejura »

Gayatri Florence

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 11:31:08 PM »
Completely agree with Suzan .... knowing our identity in Christ is most important... instead of struggling to be spiritual it is good to leave it to the spirit to lead you.. fellowship with other believers and continuous prayers and confession help in living a spirit filled life...

Thank you Suzan for sharing your thoughts you helped me reconfess my identity in Christ.

Humphrey mcsunny

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 05:06:21 AM »
Thank you too Florence
You words were insightful

qaceu10@gmail.com

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 11:26:53 PM »
you need the holy spirit and you have to study the word of God.