Author Topic: I am a Hindu girl.. Shall I marry Christian boy..?  (Read 3139 times)

Johanna Jerin

I am a Hindu girl.. Shall I marry Christian boy..?
« on: March 23, 2018, 11:28:56 AM »
As mentioned in subject, I am basically belongs to Hindu religion family. But I love Jesus and I believe and have faith in lord Jesus. I am in a relationship with the Christian boy. We gonna marry soon with the parents permission. But the problem is, My fiance parents asking me to take babtism before getting married. Otherwise they won't allow me to get married with him. But my parents not allowing me to take babtism before marriage. My parents are telling me, take babtism after getting married. So my question and doubt is, is the babtism compulsory or main clause for the inter-religious marriage? Can I marry him without taking babtism? If I do not, I ain't blessed by Jesus. Please any one advise me.

Benoy

Re: I am a Hindu girl.. Shall I marry Christian boy..?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 02:11:08 AM »
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. Jn 15.7. Sister, if you want to marry a Christian, then you have to be baptized first. We are all born of sin. Baptism is done so as to cleanse our sins, and the sins committed by our first fore parents (Adam and Eve) and also you receive the Holy Spirit as an invitation to Christianity. For more details on this please go to the Church where your lover belongs and ask the Parish Priest. He can explain it you very clearly.

Davidj

Re: I am a Hindu girl.. Shall I marry Christian boy..?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »
Dear friend,

Baptism is not a process of converting religion
Baptist is an act of accepting Christ

If you love your father and mother you don't need to take baptism

If you love your boyfriend you don't need to take baptism

If love and accept Jesus you should take baptism

Don't convert religion for the sake of anyone or anything of this world