General Category > Tamil Bible

Is God allowed Alcohol in Moses period?

<< < (2/2)

Justin Issac:
Christ’s first miracle of turning water into wine at the wedding at Cana almost certainly involved a fermented beverage, according to Jewish wedding tradition. Of course,  just because Jesus turned water into wine doesn’t prove that He drank the wine at the wedding, (but it would have been normal for Him to do so.) Christians who want to keep a biblical view of drinking wine should either drink in moderation, never to drunkenness, or abstain totally.
All Christians would agree drunkenness is sinful, and Christ Himself warns against it (Luke 12:45). However, a biblical view of wine is that it is given as something to delight in (Psalm 104:14–15). There are plenty of warnings against alcohol abuse, in texts like Proverbs 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." Notice the word “deceived” in this verse. Wine promises joy and peace, but it’s a lie. It only brings problems.
Solomon later rejected his own counsel here and gave himself to wine (Ecclesiastes 2:3). According to the God-given wisdom that he espoused here, this was not wise.
Everything should be used in moderation
"Let your "moderation" be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." Philippians 4:5.
The Greek word for “moderation” here is “EPIEIKES,” and it was translated “gentle” three times, “patient” one time, and “moderation” one time in the (King James Version.) 
"All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not."
1Cor 10:23. Amen.

.....I hope i answered your question.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version