1) What does a person desiring to do God’s will learn from the man who gathered sticks on the sabbath?
2) What did Naaman learn from his encounter with the Lord?
2 Kings 5:1-14
3) How can these events help us as we search God’s Word today?
I Corinthians 10:8-11
4) To whom were the ten Commandments given?
Exodus 20:1, 34:27-28
5) What did God promise concerning the covenant He made with them in Sinai? Jeremiah 31:31-34
6) What is the new covenant according to the Hebrew writer?
7) If a person appeals to the old covenant law, what must he do concerning the rest of the law? Galatians 5:3,
2 Corinthians 3:14
If a person was engaged in a practice in worship not authorized in the New Testament, What happened regarding his relationship to God?
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
9) Is it possible to live a life in service to God and find out that you never really became a Christians as instructed in the New Testament? Matthew 7:21-23
10) List some characteristics concerning the church/kingdom described in the New Testament regarding:
Prophecy Daniel 2:44, Mark 9:1,
Fulfilled Colossians 1:13-14,
Town in which the church started. Luke 24:46-49,
When did the church begin and how did God demonstrate that it came with power? Acts 2:1-11
11) A church begun hundreds of years after Jesus established His church could not be the New Testament church because (Matthew 16:18-19, Acts 2:47)
--Church: Roman Catholic, Time: 606 A.D in Rome, Founder: Boniface III (assumed title of “universal bishop”)
--Church: Lutheran, Time: 1520 A.D. in Germany, Founder: Martin Luther
--Church: Episcopalian, Time: 1534 A.D. in England, Founder: Henry VIII
--Church: Presbyterian, Time: 1536 A.D. in Switzerland, Founder: John Calvin
--Church: Congregational, Time:1550 A.D. in England, Founder: Robert Browne
--Church: Baptist, Time: 1607 A.D. in Holland, Founder: John Smythe
--Church: Methodist, Time: 1739 A.D. in England, Founder: John Westly
--Church: Latter Day Saints (Mormon), Time: 1830 A.D in America, Founder: Joseph Smith
--Church: Adventists, Time: 1830 A.D in America, Founder: William Miller
--Church: Christian Scientist, Time:1866 A.D. in America, Founder: Mary Baker Eddy
--Church: Jehovah’s Witnesses, Time: 1872 A.D in America, Founder: Charles T. Russell
12) Jesus prayer before his death was for unity of the believers,
If men refuse to unite on the word of God alone, what action should be taken against them?
13) Did the early followers honor Jesus prayers for unity? Acts 4:32
14) Did Jesus and Peter teach that man would remain united?
2 Peter 2:1-3
15) Are those professing to follow Christ all united in one body today? Galatians 1:6-9
16) Is sincerity (honesty and genuineness: honesty in the expression of true or deep feelings) enough to get one to heaven? Proverbs 16:25
17) Is a “heart felt”, religion one built on solid rock? Proverbs 28:26,
18) Who is the “Solid rock” and how can we have His approval?
I Corinthians 10:4,
19) What is meant by “be ready to give an answer” as expressed in
1 Peter 3:15
20) If one has responded to become a Christian in a way not authorized in the scripture, how can he show true repentance? 2 Timothy 3:16-17,
John 14:15 Key word: correction.
21) If one church teaches that Jesus is not God (such as Jehovah Witnesses) and another church teaches that He is God, are they both teaching truth? John 17:17 Which of the above is correct? John 20:28, Hebrews 1:8
22) If one church teaches that Jesus’ blood does not cleanse man from sin (Christian Science pg 25 of Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures) and another says that it does, can both teachings be considered truth? What does the Lord teach on this subject? Ephesians 1:7, Revelations 1:5
23) Often man will smooth over doctrinal differences by saying “We all worship the same God.” Based on questions 21 and 22 will this statement cover these false teachings? Galatians 3:10,
Matthew 15:9 & 7:15
24) Suppose a person violated a law of the land and he said “We all have the same president”, would the judge then set him free because of his statement? Why?
25) Note the following teachings concerning baptism by various religious groups and determine if all are biblically correct and which if any are correct.
a. Baptism is sprinkling of water on infants and is for the forgiveness of their sins-Lutheran
b. Baptism is a sprinkling of water on infants and is not for forgiveness of sins-Methodist
c. Baptism is immersion in water for adults and is not for forgiveness of sins-Baptist
d. Baptism is immersion in water for adults and is for forgiveness of sins-Church of Christ
Are all statements true?
26) According to the Bible, who of the following are guilty of sin-adults , small children, infants? Ezekiel 28:15,
James 1:14-15, Acts 8:12 & 5:14
27) Is faith necessary when one is baptized? Mark 16:15-16,
28) How is baptism performed?
Acts 8:35-39 Romans 6:3-4,
29) What is the purpose of baptism? Acts 2:38 & Acts 22:16,
After examining questions 25-29, which of the teachings in question 25 is corrected?
30) Doctrines initiated by men are sometimes called doctrine of devils.
I Timothy 4:1-3. How many doctrines of the devil can we keep and still go to heaven? Mark 7:7-9
31) List the following as doctrines of men or doctrines of God.
Taking the Lord’s Supper once a month, Acts 20:7, I Corinthians 11:20-26. Doctrine of Praying through the Virgin Mary, I Timothy 2:5.
Doctrine of Teaching one is saved from sin before baptism, I Peter 3:21. Doctrine of Burning incense in conjunction with prayer, I Corinthians 14:15.
Doctrine of Playing an organ solo in worship, Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16.
32) Did the Father expect Jesus to follow all His instruction including submitting to the cross? Hebrews 5:7-8, Romans 8:32
33) If you cannot find the response you made to become a Christian in the Bible, are you in denomination or the Lord’s church? Luke 6:46
34) A group of men who had already been immersed for remission of sins, Mark 1:4, Acts 19:1-5, were immersed again in response to the gospel. What does this teach us today?
2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
35) Are you ready to come out of denominationalism and be added to the Lord’s church? Acts 2:47, 22:16 & 20:28
___Become a member of the non-denominational church described in the Bible; please let me obey the gospel.
___Remain in the man made organization (denomination)
___Live a worldly life.