Author Topic: Your opinion or use scriptures. Should instruments be allowed in worship?  (Read 285 times)

truthenthusiast

cypolo

Re: Your opinion or use scriptures. Should instruments be allowed in worship?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 12:31:02 AM »
My answer is yes!  !. There's every indication it was used. If you go through the records in praises in PSALMS you will clearly see proofs.

truthenthusiast

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 09:42:05 PM »
Hi, thanks for responding. I hope we both get understanding from this. I love studying God's Word.

Acts 17:11 They studied the scriptures carefully every day. They wanted to see if what Paul said was true.
Ecc 1:13 I spent all my time studying.
Proverbs 10:23 a man who has understanding takes delight in wisdom.

((((My answer is yes!  !. There's every indication it was used.))))

You correct my friend in old testament but the new though
There is no record in the new testament of Christians using instruments to produce music in worship services.
Luke whom written Acts, Paul the apostle whom written to Christians the letters of Romans to Philemon, the writer whom written hebrews, James the brother of Christ whom written to Christians the letter James, Peter the apostle whom written to Christians the letters of 1st and 2nd Peter, John the apostle whom written to Christian the letters of 1st 2nd and third John, Jude the brother of Christ who written to Christians the letter of Jude...there is no record of them mentioning and authorizing the use of instruments to produce music in worship services.

There are only two scriptures from the letters of Romans to Jude that describe how music should be produced in worship services.

Ephesians 5:19 Speak to each other with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.
Colossians 3:16 Sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord.

What is music? Music - sounds that produce effect; usually produced by instruments or voices.
What is an Instrument? An object that produces music.
0k. Instruments and voices produce music.
GOD said speak and sing to produce music in worship services.
Deuteronomy 29:29 The LORD our God keeps certain things hidden. But he makes other things known to us....He does it so we can obey all of the words...
Luke 8:18 So be careful how you listen.
Deuteronomy 28:1 Be careful to follow all his (God's) commands.
Luke 7:8 "My mother and brother are those who hear God's word and do what it says."

(((If you go through the records in praises in PSALMS you will clearly see proofs.)))

That is true but what method must we follow to today for producing music in worship services? Eph 3:10 & colo 3:16

John 14:14 Jesus answered, I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 7:16 Jesus answered,  What I teach is not my own. It comes from the One who sent me.
Hebrews 1:1-2 In the past, God spoke to our people throu Matthew 16:18 On this rock I (Christ) will build my church. gh prophets. He spoke at many times. He spoke in different ways. But in these last days, he has spoken to us through his Son...
Matthew 16:18 On this rock I will build my church
Matthew 28:20 Teach them to obey everything I (Christ) have commanded you (11apostles).
John 15:20 If they obeyed my (Christ) teaching, they will obey yours (apostles) also.
2 Timothy 1:13 Follow what you heard from me (apostle Paul) as the pattern of true teaching.
2 Thessalonians 2:15 We passed our teachings on to you by what we preached and wrote.
1 Thessalonians 1:6 We and the Lord were your examples. You followed us.
2 Thessalonians 3:14 Keep an eye on anyone who doesn't obey the directions in our letter.
1 Timothy 1:11 True teaching agrees with the glorious good news of the blessed God.
1 Corinthians 4:6 "Don't go beyond what is written."
Pro 30:6 Don't add to his words.

truthenthusiast

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »
Hebrews 1:1-2 In the past, God spoke to our people through prophets. He spoke at many times. He spoke in different ways. But in these last days, he has spoken to us through his Son.

truthenthusiast

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 01:02:52 PM »
Hi, thanks for responding. I hope we both get understanding from this. I love studying God's Word.

Acts 17:11 They studied the scriptures carefully every day. They wanted to see if what Paul said was true.
Ecc 1:13 I spent all my time studying.
Proverbs 10:23 a man who has understanding takes delight in wisdom.

((((My answer is yes!  !. There's every indication it was used.))))

You correct my friend in old testament but the new though
There is no record in the new testament of Christians using instruments to produce music in worship services.
Luke whom written Acts, Paul the apostle whom written to Christians the letters of Romans to Philemon, the writer whom written hebrews, James the brother of Christ whom written to Christians the letter James, Peter the apostle whom written to Christians the letters of 1st and 2nd Peter, John the apostle whom written to Christian the letters of 1st 2nd and third John, Jude the brother of Christ who written to Christians the letter of Jude...there is no record of them mentioning and authorizing the use of instruments to produce music in worship services.

There are only two scriptures from the letters of Romans to Jude that describe how music should be produced in worship services.

Ephesians 5:19 Speak to each other with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.
Colossians 3:16 Sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord.

What is music? Music - sounds that produce effect; usually produced by instruments or voices.
What is an Instrument? An object that produces music.
0k. Instruments and voices produce music.
GOD said speak and sing to produce music in worship services.
Deuteronomy 29:29 The LORD our God keeps certain things hidden. But he makes other things known to us....He does it so we can obey all of the words...
Luke 8:18 So be careful how you listen.
Deuteronomy 28:1 Be careful to follow all his (God's) commands.
Luke 7:8 "My mother and brother are those who hear God's word and do what it says."

(((If you go through the records in praises in PSALMS you will clearly see proofs.)))

That is true but what method must we follow to today for producing music in worship services? Eph 3:10 & colo 3:16

John 14:14 Jesus answered, I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 7:16 Jesus answered,  What I teach is not my own. It comes from the One who sent me.
Hebrews 1:1-2 In the past, God spoke to our people through prophets. He spoke at many times. He spoke in different ways. But in these last days, he has spoken to us through his Son...
Matthew 16:18 On this rock I (Christ) will build my church.
Matthew 28:20 Teach them to obey everything I (Christ) have commanded you (11apostles).
John 15:20 If they obeyed my (Christ) teaching, they will obey yours (apostles) also.
2 Timothy 1:13 Follow what you heard from me (apostle Paul) as the pattern of true teaching.
2 Thessalonians 2:15 We passed our teachings on to you by what we preached and wrote.
1 Thessalonians 1:6 We and the Lord were your examples. You followed us.
2 Thessalonians 3:14 Keep an eye on anyone who doesn't obey the directions in our letter.
1 Timothy 1:11 True teaching agrees with the glorious good news of the blessed God.
1 Corinthians 4:6 "Don't go beyond what is written."
Pro 30:6 Don't add to his words.